Every year people everywhere vow to make changes to theirlives. Everything from bad habits (smoking, cussing, etc.) to desires forimprovements (give to charity more, donate my time, etc.) and I think thatresolving to do something better for you is a great idea. I don’t understandwhy we wait to make those changes. Why not make those changes now?
My wife and I visited a dietician two months ago and madethe decision that we are going to make a change. We did not wait for a specificevent, date, or holiday. We left there with a little more knowledge and a lotof resolution. We are going to figure out how to lose weight, eat a good diet,and teach our boys the tools that they will need to live a long and healthylife. Sounds easy, no? NO!!!
It was/is very difficult everyday we are making decisionsabout what to eat, how much to eat, how many calories it is, how much exercisewe are doing, and what to do the next day.
So my advice for you?
1. Don’t delay, start making changes today! You do not haveto change everything at once, but change something.
3. Buy a scale and start looking at portion size. Weigh yourfood for awhile, you will be surprised.
Realize that this will take time. You may not see resultsright away. Stick with it and it will be worth the effort.
Here is a low calorie but hearty soup for you to enjoy thiswinter.
Ingredients (Makes12 servings)
1 lb chickenbreasts diced
3 cups chopped celery
3 cups dicedcarrots
5 ounces dicedonions
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
2 ounces Superior Touch Chicken Base
8 cups water
1 ounce margarine
1 ounce oliveoil
12 ounces Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Extra Wide Noodles
1. heat olive oil
2. add diced onionssauté until translucent
3. add dicedchicken breasts heat until chicken is no longer pink
4. add spices andvegetables
5. mix chicken basewith water and add to meat and veggies
6. bring to a boiladd margarine
7. add pasta, cookuntil al dente
Cool slightly andserve
(nutritioninformation: approximately 11 ounce (309 grams) bowl of soup only has 241calories)
Nowgo cook something healthy!