Dave’s Jalapeno Salt
A Grand Junction business is making the world just a little spicier!
Dave’s Jalapeno Salt has several varieties of all natural salts in various flavors. So when they approached me about a taste test I was all for it! I chose the Smoked Jalapeno Salt.
They have several varieties on their site http://www.davesjalapenosalt.com/ including: Chipotle Garlic, Orange Habanero Chipotle Smoked, Hickory Smoked and much more.
So how would I use Dave’s Jalapeno Salt? I sprinkled some on a sliced apple, I generously covered a chicken breast and cooked in my grill pan (traditional and flavorful),
but I think my favorite concoction was my homemade nacho cheese:
1. Heat milk over medium heat until warm (remove from heat)
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, add flour and whisk together (make a simple roux)
3. Once your roux is a light golden color, slowly add warm milk, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until sauce thickens (should coat the back of a spoon).
4. Stir in spices, grated cheese, cream cheese (if using), and chili’s, stir until cheese is melted.
Serve over tortilla chips, taquitos, fresh cut veggies, etc.
Dave’s Jalapeno Salt is unique in a way that makes it a great fit for the table and in the spice cabinet. The ingredients cannot be any simpler: Salt, Jalapeno Peppers.
I think this would be a great addition to your table this coming BBQ season.
Let me know what you do with your favorite spices by commenting below!! Now go Cook something!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad